Family Law MediationMar 09, 2017
The vast area of family law includes issues such as divorce, child support, child custody (also known as parenting agreements), and issues related to children like adoption and domestic violence cases. Each family law case is unique, personal and very emotional for those involved. Lesa Koski has devoted her law practice to family law for more than 15 years, serving those in St. Paul, MN, and the surrounding area. She brings compassionate, careful and clear communication to each case to help facilitate a positive and productive outcome.
Family Law Mediation
Lesa Koski uses her strong communication skills and ability to connect with her clients in her family and divorce mediation cases. As a mediator, Lesa can help both parties find areas of compromise on the issues important to the divorcing couple or co-parents. Issues commonly and successfully addressed via mediation include division of assets/debts during a divorce settlement, child custody or parenting time schedules, spousal or child support, and changes that come up after a divorce is final. It is important to note that if Lesa works with you as a mediator she cannot also work as your family law attorney. These two roles are independent of each other.
Benefits Of Mediation
Choosing mediation over a court battle offers many important benefits including:
● Less expensive: Using a mediator costs less than a lengthy court battle. You pay for a mediator’s time for meetings with you and your divorcing spouse, rather than for waiting time in court and court appearances.
● You control the outcome: A mediator will solicit input from you about your priorities, concerns and goals for the mediation sessions. You are empowered to be a part of the process and the solution.
● Models positive behavior for your children: Mediation is less adversarial than a court battle and can show your children that you are able to work with your ex-partner for the good of your family.
● Faster outcome: Mediation can achieve resolution in weeks or months, as opposed to months to years. This means that you and your family will be able to move forward more quickly.
● More flexible: Resolution can be tailored to your unique needs and situation. Not only can the outcome be more flexible, but meeting times and dates can be too.
To learn more about Lesa Koski’s family and divorce mediation services, call her today at 651-214-5057 or email her directly at [email protected].
Stay connected with news and updates!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
Don't worry, your information will not be shared.
We hate SPAM. We will never sell your information, for any reason.